“Normally billed as a folk singer, Elliott’s songs all tell finely crafted stories and his mastery of written word is apparent on all of them. His vocals remind me of Townes Van Zandt or a possessed Rodney Crowell. Many of the songs have a very haunting feel to them and the sound meanders from straight folk to country with a splash of delta blues thrown in at times.” – Adam Dawson, Broken Jukebox.com
Averaging close to 200 shows per year, Elliott has been on the road for nearly 20 years performing a blend of Americana, roots and country music. Elliott is currently working on his 20TH ALBUM traveling to Nashville to record with producer/drummer Ken Coomer (Wilco, Uncle Tupelo).
With a couple thousand songs in tow, Chad has also collected more than a few interesting stories, many of which end up crafted into lyrics. Perhaps the most surreal moment in his career happened in 2009 while he was portraying Buddy Holly for the Surf Ballroom on the 50th anniversary of the fateful plane crash which took the rock legends life. He was asked to sing Oh Boy with Buddy’s widow Maria Elena Holly. She whispered in Elliott’s ear after the song faded, “You’re my Buddy”.
He has also shared the music stage with great artists such as: R.L. Burnside, Odetta, Tom Paxton, Loudon Wainwright III, among other stadium acts like Counting Crows, Eric Church and Lonestar. Chad has also accumulated a string of awards and honors.
Awards and Honors
- 2014 Newsong Contest – Midwest Finalist
- 2013 Top 25 Albums on brokenjukebox.com – So Sang the Crow
- 2013 Iowa Blues Challenge – Winner Solo/Duo
- 2013 Rising Star – Finalist
- 2012 Show Me the Music Song Contest – Finalist – Americana
- 2012 Int. Folk Alliance Conference – Official Showcase Artist
- 2011 Iowa Motion Picture Awards – Best Original Music Score
- 2011 Mixies Award – “Most Creative Tour” – One Horse Town Tour
- 2009 International Songwriting Contest – 3rd Place Winner – Americana
- 2009 Woody Guthrie Song Contest – 1st Place Winner
- 2008 Kerrville New Folk – Finalist
- 2006 Folkalley.com’s – Open Mic Winner
- 2006 Just Plain Folks – Top 20 New Folk Songs
Music at 3:00 p.m. Light snack potluck and socializing at 2:00 p.m. Please feel free to bring a dish and/or beverage to share. Wine or beer are welcome. Water, glasses, dishes and silver provided.
For more information and an invitation, please contact Lee by e-mail at email@example.com or at 312-810-3067.
Suggested artist donation $15-20. This is a voluntary donation — we welcome you and appreciate whatever you can contribute. All funds go to the musician and along with any CD and merchandise sales is how the musician gets paid.